Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Life

Every one says it’s ‘your life’
But I never felt it as mine.

I was always tied up
My mouth was always hold shut
And I was made deaf too

By the people who lives around me,
By the society which includes me,
By the cast which I am supposed to believe,
By the Gods of the heaven above

I was not free to fly around,
I was not free to talk what I want,
I was not free to love whom I wish

In my life I heard ‘don'ts' ;
More than a permitting ‘yes’
I studied from my whole life that;
A man is born to bondage
A man is born as a slave

A slave of his society,
A slave of his cast,
A slave of his culture,
And a slave of the Gods,

With all these knots around
How can a man be free-
And live a life of his own ?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I could find a pessimist in you!I find "Don'ts" as one of the greatest force which helps you to keep going... coz we build up a strength within us to keep those mouth shuts which have always uttered "no" & "dont" against us!So wat i feel is that we should take those "Dont's" as the most positive ones as they help us in building up a brave beautiful life full of satisfactions!

...Still i should say that u have a good way of writing..gud usage of words! Well-written..Keep posting more....